The Wild-Animal Suffering Research (WASR) project is fundraising for 2018. We estimate we can use up to $161,205 for the next 18 months in additional funding to continue and expand our research.
Our mission is to find a path to reduce the suffering experienced by nonhuman animals in nature. With your generous donation, we’ll be able to:
- Strategy. Complete a strategic plan outlining a path to determine the tractability of the wild-animal suffering cause area as a whole.
- Research. Focus on three promising subfields: wildlife management interventions; humanity’s impact on wild-animal suffering; and wild animal experiences.
- Outreach. Develop and implement plans to build a community of actively engaged researchers and advocates.
- Team. Grow our team from 1.125 full-time equivalents (FTE) to 3.25 FTE
To get a full overview, see our room for more funding.
- Minimum Growth. We increase hours and hourly rates and and we have auxiliary finances to attend conferences. To maintain an 18-month runway, we need $100,173.1For our minimum growth goal we require $126,633 – $26,460 (our roll-over amount from 2017) = $100,173
- Maximum Growth. We increase hours and hourly rates, we hire another full-time researcher and we have auxiliary finances to attend conferences. To maintain an 18-month runway we need $161,205.2For our maximum growth goal we require $187,665 – $26,460 (our roll-over amount from 2017) = $161,205
We finance ourselves exclusively through private donations and grants. To maximise the impact of your donation we are committed to transparently evaluating our activities. Learn more here.
Donations to support Wild-Animal Suffering Research are tax-deductible for donors in Germany, Switzerland, the USA (via bank transfer), the United Kingdom (via bank transfer) and the Netherlands. Our partner organization, the Effective Altruism Foundation, processes all donations. You can find answers to frequently asked questions in our donation FAQ. If the FAQ doesn’t answer your question, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.